Wednesday, September 2, 2009

waiting on circle lenses

So, I am currently awaiting my second pair of circle lenses. Last time I bought the plain ck-105 from geo. This time I am getting a pair of blue wing lenses from geo. The buyer I get them from was very fast about shipping my order to me last time and it came with a free contact case (i chose the pink hello kitty case). Let's hope I get this pair just as fast as the last. I can't wait, I am so excited!! I really like the way the blue wings give the halo effect and should look really nice with my green eyes.
I was really surprised of how nice the black ones looked on me. Here's a picture of me wearing them:



When I get my blue wing lenses, I'll post a picture of them as well.
I've never been one to really like my own pictures but I have to say that those lenses really make my eyes look nice. I really like this picture.

This christmas, I am going to attempt making macaron cookies for everyone. I hope to come up with several 12-ct boxes of cookies to give out. I figured if I start baking early, I can get all the crappy practice cookies out of the way and have decent looking cookies to give. Usually I am pretty good with baking but for some reason I suck ass at baking cookies. There is also a fruit tart I plan on making that usually turns out nice to give to my parents and in-laws and is also a good back-up if I cannot pull off the macarons. I'm also keeping an eye out for mini tart pans this year. Last year they were impossible to find, especially in december. I'd love to make mini fruit tarts instead of the big ones. I just love baking small, cute things!

As well as baking, I am also devoting lots of time to crocheting and general 'crafty-bits' to configure gifts. I've starting making some amigurumi for my nieces and nephews and trying to get it done by the end of september. I really want to be finished with everyone's gifts by the begining of december so I am not stressing over it 2 days before christmas. I do love the holidays but I don't love how people get all frantic over something not worth getting worked up over and I am not going to be one of those people this year.

That is all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment