Monday, November 16, 2009

Sorry for not posting in forever! Been busy, tired and just plain unmotivated.
I have finished a great deal of crocheted gifts and only have 2 left to do. I'll post pictures of all my finished projects soon.
So, I did it. I finally gave knitting a try. And... I am gonna have to practice A TON! Not easy for me to do. Kinda like baking cookies. Easy in theory but rocket science in my world. So far I've achieved something that resembles a cat toy. I think.
Lately I've been putting more time and energy into my creative works (crafty bits, drawing, etc) and let me tell you, it feels great. For a very long time I've had some sort of mental block that wasn't allowing me to express creatively. It has caused me a great deal of distress because art has been a huge part of my life. For as long as I can remember, I've been very into visual arts, crafting, baking and performance arts as well. Growing up, I was around the local theatrical groups quite a bit because of my mom and sister's involvement. I got to see different mediums at work and art is something I've loved all my life. There has been a lot happening to suppress my creativity and now that I have finally pinched out a little time for myself, I can indulge in it. But I'm not 'all better yet'. I still have a long way to go before I am back to where I was before.
Ugh, I have too much crap to do around the house. My husband needs to do the laundry for me. Maybe he can get to the bottom of the laundry basket faster than I can.

Here is a little bit of my musical loves.



I ♥ Depeche Mode
This was from their concert in Virginia last July. I was there! The person who took this video def had a better seat than me. Even though I could barely see them, I still had a wonderful time.

No comments:

Post a Comment