Monday, January 18, 2010

Gonads and Strife!

Sorry everyone for not posting for so long, depression is a bitch.
I've been dealing with my depression ever since I was in middle school. There has been a lot in my life to set me off and maybe the cause but I also know that it is, unfortunately, hereditary. I'm not saying that as an excuse, the individuals in my family that are also stricken with an unhealthy mind have found help and continue to thrive. They're part of the reason I haven't given up. The other reasons are of course, my son and husband.

Anyways, if I haven't said it before.... HAPPY FREAKIN' NEW YEAR!!!!
I didn't get wasted so I did not take part in national hangover day. I did have a few drinks, very much had a good time and that is what counts. Now onto the resolutions...

Resolutions!
* get healthier and lose weight
* be more consistent! - this then segways into a million other resolutions but this one pretty much covers the rest

I'd say rather simple but once you think about it, they're not as simple as they look. Consistency really translates as forming new, better habits such as keeping the house cleaner instead of waiting until it looks like a tornado hit the place. So far, I did well for about 2 weeks and now the place is looking quite messy again. So I bet you can guess what I will be doing for the rest of today.
As far as the losing weight and getting healthy, I am definitely doing better. There are less sweets in the house, loads more fruits and veggies and I've already lost a couple of lbs. I hope to eventually lower my cholesterol (i've had this issue for many years, yuck!) and be at a nice 95 - 105 lbs. And just so no one is freaking out at that number, I am only 5 feet tall. I'd have to weigh 75 for me to be really unhealthy.


I also want to involve myself more into the crafting/handmade goods world. Everyday I come across new little things that I want to try to make and tend to get a little upset with myself that I don't make the time and effort to do those things. Some of these things I can even get my son involved so it wouldn't take away from our time together. But to do all that I need to A) have a clean, organized place in which to do so and B) have the materials needed. B isn't really an issue. but A is most important and also goes along with the fact that I need to clean on a more regular basis. I guess I just don't want to end up cleaning all the time and end up being miserable and dull because all I do is clean.
I have already planned out a time line of which I must have designs and made goods for the 'spring collection' for my etsy shop. I will stick with it and hopefully it will help generate more interest in the shop. Eventually, I would like that shop to replace my job so I can be a stay at home mom and still contribute financially. Freelance hair, nail and skin services maybe in my future too but I want to own a house first. That way, I can install a nice wet/dry station to make my work a little easier. Having my own salon someday might be nice, but something on a scale that large does make me a little uneasy.

This blog also deserves a little more time and attention as well and that is what I plan to give it. I hope to do a new post every week. Annnd... a giveaway is in the near future.

If you don't understand the title of this post, this will clear up any confusion.

17 comments:

  1. hey this is Emma, Hell0z0mbie from Swap Bot, checking in that I am following your blog!

    I think I am going to enjoy your blog, I LOLed a little at your title... I hadn't thought about that video/song in YEARS!! It's so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad that you're hanging in there. I hope that this year works out really well for you! And can't wait to see your new creations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, This is FelicityLingle from swap-bot and i'm following your blog. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Hello Kitty! Stopping by from Swapbot scentednights2002

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's Brnwebgrrl from the ♥I want BLOGGER followers♥ swap! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait to see your spring collection designs :) Love your blog. Stay resolute!

    Love, Amy
    aka awhimofmine @ swapbot

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is homekeepingheather from swap-bot. I am following your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your Hello Kitty motif! I'm from swap-bot and am following you too. (-:

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello. This is Pam (CrazyOldShrew) from Swap-bot. I like your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the background and that video made my night :D
    Liz @ Observations n Such ♥I want BLOGGER followers♥~ Swap

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is JennieGee from swapbot following your blog now

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello, it's Pursehappygal from Swapbot for the
    "I want more blogger followers swap".

    It's good to want to eat healthy and lose weight. My only advice to you is to check what a healthy BMI is for your height and weight.

    Best of luck on the resolutions, and yes, don't we all want to be more consistant with anything?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello ,
    I am Bathina from Swap bot and first I have to say sorry for being late!
    My fashion school ate all my time this week...so I could stop by now and I love your Blog, creations and tips and of course the cute kitty layout!

    Hughs and kisses from Germany!
    Dani

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hope everything works out for you! And yeah I'm trying to eat more veggies and cutting back on junk and fast food as well :) John mayer is totally goig to be Jack Nicholson dirrrty!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just popping in from ♥I want BLOGGER followers♥ (beth619) Sounds like you have some solid goals and good direction for 2010... I wish you the best with all your endeavors! And happy crafting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is prettypoetstacy from swapbot, I am so sorry for following so late, I am in the middle of moving and have very little availability to the internet until I get moved in.

    Can't wait to see more of your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I can't really read your post because of your layout, the left part of the layout (the kitties) is covering the font..... maybe it's just my computer just thought I'd let you know! Have a great day and thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete